5230 Clark Avenue, Suite 1, Lakewood, CA 90712
Phone: 707-722-2331 Fax: 562-275-3494
Monday – Thursday, 10am – 4pm
Federal Identification Number: 77-0045316
To be a leader in state and national collaborative efforts that improve the overall health and welfare of those afflicted with substance use disorders.
CAADE promotes and supports quality higher education in addiction studies by:
- providing continuing education and professional development
- leading the state and national levels in the development and implementation of certification and licensure standards for addiction service professionals
- developing and implementing accreditation standards for higher education in addiction studies
- providing public policy education and advocacy among consumers and other stakeholders.
The California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in 1984 under the direction of founder Dr. Dick Wilson. CAADE initially began with the goal of setting and upholding accreditation standards for Alcohol/Drug Studies Programs in California and continues to do so.
- The Addiction Counselor Certification Board of California (ACCBC) serves CAADE as the overseer of all past functions related to CATC Certification (CATC credentials, CATC Exam, Continuing Education CCS Supervisor credential and any future credentials or CEU activities).
- CAADE Accredited Addiction Studies Programs educate some 10,000 students annually.